Crossed roads with Joseph Beuys, Tom Waits and Julien Doré

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JULIEN DORÉ + DIG UP ELVIS Forum Index -> Julien Doré + Dig Up Elvis ( English-speaking ) -> JULIEN DORÉ -> Cultural roots & Strange affinities
Lorelle
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 15 Jun - 19:10 (2008)    Post subject: Crossed roads with Joseph Beuys, Tom Waits and Julien Doré Reply with quote

They never met physically. Julien Doré is very too young to have crossed Joseph Beuys's road and nevertheless our young artist quotes him regularly and has even a portrait of him in his lounge. Beuys even followed him up to his Ersatz. The spirit of Beuys is gliding in the middle of the beautiful and strange things of the sleeve.
And when I read the interviews of Julien today speaking about the place of the art in the current society, I say to myself that the generic title of the sound works of Beuys " Art into Society-Society into Art " is disturbing of resemblances with Julien's message today!

When I heard some days ago the extracts of "Art into Society-Society into Art" of Joseph Beuys, it was reminiscent of Tom Waits to me
Listen!

Joseph Beuys
Art into Society - Society into Art (at the Institut of Contemporary Art, London. May, 1974)

From http://www.ubu.com/sound/beuys.html

Tom Waits : I don't want to grow up

Online by surfraptor

Many persons from the examiner board of the Nouvelle Star in 2007 until today through the criticisms of his CD, say that Julien Doré sometimes sings «in Tom Waits ". But it is not more likely that these both meet either!
I admit it I am to go to Tom Waits' rediscovery because of Julien Doré!
I do not like too much the comparisons which can tarnish the unique and personal side of everyone.
Julien Doré is not Tom Waits, either Dutronc, or Gainsbourg, neither .etc It is to honour nor the one nor the others.
It is sensibilities and approaches that cross themselves, but never melt into the one in the other one.
They have this imperceptible side of the character, which we cannot put in a well defined category.
The one as the other one have this gap between the look, the image and their voice which allows them to express a sometimes heart-rending emotion in the gift of themselves.
And then this staged side, this necessity of integrating joining their works into a frame, a story, or accessories

Tom Waits : Downtown train

Online by aquaticBigfoot

Tom Waits : Chocolate Jesus

Online by dwizle

Julien Doré : You really got me
(Narbonne during the Summer tour Nrj)

Online by LafemmedArgent

But we don't speak about likeness, about imitation, about copies … Roads cross themselves, the sensibilities meet, from an emotion to the other one, from an artist to the other one, from an artist to each of us and when roads cross themselves each one goes on from it different.

Tom Waits : Tom Traubert’s blues
Emotion

Online by aquaticBigfoot
Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 15 Jun - 19:10 (2008)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Lorelle
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 16 Jun - 03:34 (2008)    Post subject: Tom Waits press conference Reply with quote

TOM WAITS - PRESS CONFERENCE

Online by antirecords

myspace with dates of tour
http://www.myspace.com/tomwaits
Orphée
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 19 Jun - 02:22 (2008)    Post subject: Crossed roads with Joseph Beuys, Tom Waits and Julien Doré Reply with quote

All Superb;-)
_._._.__._._._.__._.__._._._._._._____.
Ali No War http://www.myspace.com/alinowar
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 23:45 (2017)    Post subject: Crossed roads with Joseph Beuys, Tom Waits and Julien Doré

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JULIEN DORÉ + DIG UP ELVIS Forum Index -> Julien Doré + Dig Up Elvis ( English-speaking ) -> JULIEN DORÉ -> Cultural roots & Strange affinities All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation