Edouard Baer - Keynote speech of Cannes film Festival 2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JULIEN DORÉ + DIG UP ELVIS Forum Index -> Julien Doré + Dig Up Elvis ( English-speaking ) -> JULIEN DORÉ -> Cultural roots & Strange affinities
Lorelle
Administrateur

PostPosted: Sun 25 May - 23:23 (2008)    Post subject: Edouard Baer - Keynote speech of Cannes film Festival 2008 Reply with quote

KEYNOTE SPEECH OF CANNES FILM FESTIVAL 2008

By EDOUARD BAER

On line by odette11

Good evening ladies and gentlemen.
My heart is full of love and emotion. My body is shaking of joy. Oh, oh ! Cannes film Festival, may the dream...*

Well, about that...
I am from french origine, from French-speaking education. I am really happy to be here, for personal reasons. Child, I lived on the other side of the TV.

And I remember, I was stunned, me the ch' ti, the child from North, by the spectacle of this strange rite, come from the South, which we call the climb of stairs. For me it was that the Cannes film festival.

And I wondered but where go up these people?
Where do they go? Where go the happy persons of the day ?
Where go the cadors, the well-off persons? Where go the proud, the arrogant persons? Where go dinner-jackets, where go jewels?
Where go the lacquered hairstyles? Where go these extremely long legs with anybody on the top? Where go these smiles without tooth, these teeth without smiling?

And you, magnificent nonagenarian in the arm of a Russian child, where do you roam?
And you, who left the keys of your yacht, at the bottom of the glove compartment of your Porsche, where do you go?

Where do they go up all? Where go up the one-evening queens? Where go up the heroes of district, the discreet stars? And to which climb go the happy owners of privilege, silver, gold, platinium, Jesus Christ cards?

Pulling in their trails an army of cameras and microphones magnetized by their brightness, they are going to get lost in sublime labyrinths imagined by David Linch.
They are going to hear the heavenly tramps of Emir Kustorica to roar their scandalous joy of living. They are going to accompany the Maurice Pialat's struck heroes on the way of the redemption.
They are going to discover in tear, to where can lead, filmed by Christian Munju, the worship and the friendship of a Rumanian young lady, our sister in the "Night order".

To have kidnapped the big crash of the world for the benefit of the most singular beauties, Cannes film festival, thank you.

*Said in english speaking by Edouard Baer
Publicité

PostPosted: Sun 25 May - 23:23 (2008)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JULIEN DORÉ + DIG UP ELVIS Forum Index -> Julien Doré + Dig Up Elvis ( English-speaking ) -> JULIEN DORÉ -> Cultural roots & Strange affinities All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation