[P] ROCK MAG - APRIL 2008 - Julien Doré at the launch of new season Nouvelle Star

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JULIEN DORÉ + DIG UP ELVIS Forum Index -> Julien Doré + Dig Up Elvis ( English-speaking ) -> JULIEN DORÉ -> Press & Media Release
Lorelle
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 15 May - 06:49 (2008)    Post subject: [P] ROCK MAG - APRIL 2008 - Julien Doré at the launch of new season Nouvelle Star Reply with quote

ROCK MAG - APRIL 2008  
IN STUDIO  
By Christophe Bundstadler/Photos : DR/Magali Boyer  

Click the picture to enlarge it !  

JULIEN DONE STAR 

January 28th, in the Bus Palladium, took place  the annual press conference of M6 channel as the launch of the season 6 of the Nouvelle Star. An occasion dreamed to obtain some information concerning Julien Doré's album realized in the greatest secrecy, which could arrive on June 16th.

It is 7:03 pm. About sixty journalists, taking all media together, are gathered  in the discotheque. On his stage, a DJ assures the music to make us wait, 2 flat screens arranged on each side show the logo of the Nouvelle Star. Little by little, the protagonists of the broadcast come. Alternately, we cross Virginie Efira, Lio, André Manoukian and some faces of the channel. On a small improvised stage, stands a piano as well as an acoustic guitar and an ukulele. Some presaging signs of the former Nouvelle Star 2007.

This year, out of 28.000 auditioned persons and only 15 selected, according to some images on, the talents are many. A folk wave seems to glide over this new season. Rocky voice, acoustic guitars multiply. Would Julien have  breached?
After the projection, the jury goes on scene to answer some questions during 30 good minutes. Lio "we don't make the same job, to the Star Ac, we format a person so that she pleases Pascal Nègre and so that she sells disks, here, we advance the talent of the candidates, they are real artists." Sinclair and Philippe Manœuvre insist on the utility of the program to make artists known whom we would not have otherwise discovered. Adding even that the jury replaces the artistic directors in record companies today. Virginia Efira abbreviates the statements and calls Julien Doré to join them.

4 ORIGINALS

The singer is very smily in front of Virginie and comments on the images of the new season: " a guy particularly irritated me, the hairy one with his acoustic guitar, I saw you Virginie looking at him bizarrely. " He thanks the broadcast of all which it was able to give him and adds by doing the clown : " Well, I don't hide you that that would piss off me that a guy sings better than me. In fact, I would like that the broadcast gets it all wrong …" Regarding his album, he remains evasive, confirming only his collaboration with Cocoon, already announced. The moment comes for which we wait: the music. Julien settles down in the piano and launches some jokes to relax the atmosphere. Difficult for him to present an album in progress, the 1st title, entitled "Piano Lys", is a ballad in French. We are far from the nutty rocker of Baltard. "J'aime pas" (I don't like) and Los Angeles follow respectively in the guitar and in the ukulele. To have an opinion about the pieces would not be very constructive. Julien by being only at the beginning of the recording, many things will be modified. Small surprise all the same: Virginie Efira came to accompany him on a title in English, "I' m drunk" The attractive voice of the presenter mixes perfectly with that of the dandy. The set is very short and the minimalist versions prefigure may be of the fact that will be the album. Or not. With Julien, we never know. During this mini-show, he is very discreet and never elaborate on his artistic projects. In every question, he handles the humor and tuns round the situation to look of wrong tracks. In the question when will release the album, he answers: " certain Christophe Bevilacqua said to me a day, your album will release in 2010 … "
The interview between both accomplices seems to be beforehand written. After his performance in the piano, he apologizes : "anyway, I am not a real musician. But anyway, here, there is not only real journalists. "

WORK OF GOLDSMITH.

Some clarifications on the album are imperative. By crossing Nicolas, the Julien's manager, I get about ten minutes with the artist to discuss about it. Julien Doré seems satisfied with the article dedicated to Dig Up Elvis, further to our previous meeting (Rockmag 84). Linsay being about to give birth, the group is thus in stand by for the moment, but will start again in summer with some dates already booked with his turner. Since the beginning of January, during 3 months, 6 every 7 days and from 8 am till 11 pm, Julien links the hours to the studio Ferber, in the 20th district of Paris. To the commands, Antoine Gaillet, who collaborated among others with Mademoiselle K and Renaud Letang (Manu Chao, Katherine, Micky Green). The release is planned for the end of April, 2008. A dozen titles should be born, Julien composed of it the major part. We shall just learn that Cocoon joined him in studio without knowing the nature of their participation, as well as the presence of the singer BabX. These 2 collaborations are the confirmed only ones. As for Christophe's presence, it seems inevitable, so much Julien says again this name in every interview. " He often calls me at night to discuss the album. It is then that he works best. " Other names heard here and there stay in the state of project. Julien asserted that he had met the singer Arno who had advised it for the album. And when a journalist asks him if he thus participated in the disk, he answers : " It is up to you to write what you want, but I I say to you nothing above … " We know on the other hand that JP Nataf involved in the composition(*). Side graphicwise, he plans to appeal to Jean Adrien Arzilliers, who realized the record sleeve of the single Lolita. He thinks also to a clip. But for the moment, the priority is the recording. Concerning the titles heard this evening, he entrust me that nothing is sure, they will appear can be never on the album. Very fond of disinformation, the participation of Virginia Efira beside him is can be only one wrong track more. Commercially speaking, it begins on the other hand to become clearer. The label advances on June 16th for the release, and sound should be included in the next  telephone Sony Ericsson launched this summer …

(*) (Ndlr) We know today that JP Nataf didn’t. It was a wrong track launched by Julien.

Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 15 May - 06:49 (2008)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JULIEN DORÉ + DIG UP ELVIS Forum Index -> Julien Doré + Dig Up Elvis ( English-speaking ) -> JULIEN DORÉ -> Press & Media Release All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation