Arno, partner on the Julien Dore's album "Ersatz"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JULIEN DORÉ + DIG UP ELVIS Forum Index -> Julien Doré + Dig Up Elvis ( English-speaking ) -> JULIEN DORÉ -> Partners \ Hosts \ Guests
Lorelle
Administrateur

PostPosted: Tue 8 Apr - 23:33 (2008)    Post subject: Arno, partner on the Julien Dore's album "Ersatz" Reply with quote

His official myspace : http://www.myspace.com/arnomusic

His biographie :

Arno’s biographie - english version

Arno.
Jus de box

Arno's latest release is called JUS DE BOX.  More than a simple play on words ("Jus de box" is French slang for "jukebox"), it's tempting to see this album as a retrospective of the Belgian musician's career, which has touched on a multitude of styles over the decades. "This album is like a jukebox, in the sense that each track is different", Arno explains. "I've included a few pieces from my past, from the 70's, 80's, and from TC Matic, but also a lot of recent work… It's the opposite of a concept album." For his previous album, FRENCH BAZAAR, Arno set himself a stylistic challenge – almost a concept in a way - to write all his songs in French, as he did 11 years ago with A LA FRANCAISE. This latest release recaptures Arno's previous multilingual sound and range of musical styles, with a language that's often as reminiscent of Jacques Brel as it is of Bob Dylan. There's even, curiously enough, a track written in Arno's mother tongue: Ostendais – the Flemish dialect of Ostend.

This linguistic variety is artfully served by the album's musical backbone - rock. Arno has spliced together an energetic, vibrant album: "Let's rock till it drops", he exclaims at one point on I'm not into hop - an unexpected collaboration with Marseille rapper Faf Larage set against a base of metallic guitars.  "I wanted to make an album with a rock spirit," he says "It's pretty mixed up, isn't it?"   

Before even remotely settling for a particular style, Arno's priority was to write songs that feature among the most solid tracks in his repertoire. "I want to be impulsive, to write songs without even thinking about it." Rather than superimpose riffs, rhythms and sounds that push the right buttons, Arno has an unshakeable faith in songs with a classic structure. "Couplet, refrain, couplet, solo, with a real melody - that's a pretty mean feat," he says, as if revealing the only secret behind his success.
Just when everyone else is infusing their tracks with an 80's sound, Arno is drawing his inspiration from the great binary classics: "Led Zeppelin, the Faces, there's even some disco. And blues, of course".

Beyond the songs and Arno's own voice, the real stars of JUS DE BOX are the guitar and drums, with keyboards making a guest appearance. "We brought in a Keith Moon type on drums. It's really hard to find a rock drummer these days," he admits. The ever loyal Geoffrey Burton on guitar continues to weave his inimitable backdrop of sounds. Add Mirko Banovic on bass - teamed with the new drummer – and you've got a rhythmic section that packs a mean punch. Arno's right hand man since the days of TC Matic, Serge Feys shines in his dual role on keyboard and as co-producer. "We've known each other for 30 years - we know how we tick." JUS DE BOX was recorded live, old style, without gadgetry or grandstanding.

"It's better to be with an easy-going ugly woman than a beautiful woman who's a pain in the neck," he sings on Miss Amerique, which features a surprising choral retort. "I took the chords from my favourite musicians and transposed them to give them a sharper tone, so they sound like girls." All in all, JUS DE BOX is one of the greatest albums ever released by Arno, who's already champing at the bit to go on the road. "I want to go on tour. That's why I got into music, not to stay at home with my feet up."
Publicité

PostPosted: Tue 8 Apr - 23:33 (2008)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Orphée
Administrateur

PostPosted: Wed 5 Nov - 00:10 (2008)    Post subject: Arno's book enter the permanent collection @ The MOCA (Los Angeles) Reply with quote

http://losangeles.metromix.com/events/architecture/to-illustrate-and-multip…

To Illustrate and Multiply: An Open Book
When: Sundays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays : (ends March 1) 
Price: FreeEvent Phone Number: 213-626-6222http://www.moca.org
MOCA Pacific Design CenterNeighborhood: Melrose Heights8687 Melrose Avenue 
Los Angeles , CA 90069213-626-6222Update/correct this listing  

Arno Hintjens, "White Ass European Cowboy"

Oct. 19 - March 1: With its title lifted from an undated, limited-edition Raymond Pettibon book, MOCA's Pacific Design Center launches a bookish investigation into the conceptual strategies and meanings behind just how a visual artist's information is organized and, ultimately, understood when printed inbetween covers. With work from emerging and established artists dating back to 1965.
_._._.__._._._.__._.__._._._._._._____.
Ali No War http://www.myspace.com/alinowar
Contenu Sponsorisé

PostPosted: Today at 18:46 (2017)    Post subject: Arno, partner on the Julien Dore's album "Ersatz"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JULIEN DORÉ + DIG UP ELVIS Forum Index -> Julien Doré + Dig Up Elvis ( English-speaking ) -> JULIEN DORÉ -> Partners \ Hosts \ Guests All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation