[P] LE PARISIEN 21/03/08 - Julien Doré "it's the album which I wanted to make"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JULIEN DORÉ + DIG UP ELVIS Forum Index -> Julien Doré + Dig Up Elvis ( English-speaking ) -> JULIEN DORÉ -> Press & Media Release
Lorelle
Administrateur

PostPosted: Mon 7 Apr - 01:09 (2008)    Post subject: [P] LE PARISIEN 21/03/08 - Julien Doré "it's the album which I wanted to make" Reply with quote

LE PARISIEN 21/03/08

http://linfonetrealtv.free.fr/pages/newsseul.php?idarticles=429&idemiss…

Julien Doré : "It's the album which I wanted to make"

Arno, Coccon, Babx, letang Renaud, Vincent Segal (the bass player of M): there is some of the great people around you...

JD: yes, but it was necessary whether it is also true meetings.
Others proposed me songs a little quite made that they would have been able to give to whoever. It didn’t interest me. After the " Nouvelle Star ", I also received full of letters accompanied with texts which were supposed to please me with puns about me, my name, my pins, my tattoos...

You seem to start with a polished disk.

It is the album which I wanted to make, with or without " Nouvelle Star ". I have in mind the title for seven years, I keep it for me. This album, it will be me before the broadcast, such as I was fed by my studies, by the things which I listened to. It is a kaleidoscope. Otherwise, without the broadcast, I would not doubtless have met Arno or Christophe, with whom I work also at present.

You hoped to integrate your band Dig Up Elvis into this project. Where are you?

In fact, my pals didn't want to be the musicians of Julien Doré. On five or six songs which I composed for the album, nobody was intended for the band. On the other hand, my record company Sony allowed us to record in studio five titles with the band. And I proposed to the tour organiser who will produce my concerts to take charge also of those of the band.

When shall we see you on stage ? 

In autumn. These last months, I didn't too much want to show myself. Last year, we had proposed me an appearance to the festival of "Inrocks". But I didn't wish to play another cover with guitar. There are moments when I cannot sell everything and anything.

In the press conference of " Nouvelle star ", we thought you were in representation.

In no way. I don't still jam. It was not a preview of the album. I was just in a full day in studio, immersed in the album. Then I made some songs which I had, of which one that I had already improvised some day with Virginia Efira. It is for that we sang it in duet this ' evening. But it was never question that it will be in the album.

We also said that Bertrand from Noir Desir was going to write texts for you.

I don't know where from that comes. It is quite wrong. Some comments hurt me, notably when I heard some of pseudo-people in charge of the Cantat's label to say that it was a put-up job by my record company to make speak about my album..

It is the price of fame?

I don't know. At least, it is sometimes rather violent to find oneself in this fucking people press. It really made me freak out sometimes to feel followed, to see my front door in photo. I even found myself on the front page of a magazine with so-called my ex girlfriend with whom I renew. Now, it was just the press woman of M6 with whom I worked every day!

You follow the " Nouvelle Star"?

Yes. I am attached to the broadcast. It offered me an image rather class. And there is such a difference with ' Star Academy ", who is a fascinating machine of war. To the " Nouvelle star ", there is a freedom left with the candidates. We don't come to annoy them with phoney choreographies and with dancers packed as mummies. And then, I find the new jury rather sexy. It gives me urge to watch it. Since there is no guy who sings Kinks better than me..

Interviewed by E.M.
Publicité

PostPosted: Mon 7 Apr - 01:09 (2008)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JULIEN DORÉ + DIG UP ELVIS Forum Index -> Julien Doré + Dig Up Elvis ( English-speaking ) -> JULIEN DORÉ -> Press & Media Release All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation