[P] Julien Doré's Interview in L'ESSENTIEL (LU) - 02/04/08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JULIEN DORÉ + DIG UP ELVIS Forum Index -> Julien Doré + Dig Up Elvis ( English-speaking ) -> JULIEN DORÉ -> Press & Media Release
Lorelle
Administrateur

PostPosted: Thu 7 Feb - 20:56 (2008)    Post subject: [P] Julien Doré's Interview in L'ESSENTIEL (LU) - 02/04/08 Reply with quote

Julien Doré : “I would like that the broadcast goes flying”

The winner of Nouvelle Star 2007 is in studio to record his first album. Release announced for next June.

There was the pin. And his tattoos dedicated to Jean d' Ormesson and to Marcel Duchamp. And his ukulele. But especially, in spring, 2007, Julien Doré shacked a TV program already well crazy up previous year by Christophe " the turtle" Willem. In the final, and it was an evidence right from the first broadcasts, the young man was appointed "Nouvelle Star" by the public of M6. In the event, during summer, he brought out a single, a cover cheerfully reworked wordwise, of "Moi Lolita"- the Alizée's song written by Mylène Farmer. Last month, Julien Doré, age 25, entered studio in Paris: he works day and night - especially at night! To bring out his first album announced by the record company for next June. Exclusive meeting with "L'Essentiel"

The new edition of Nouvelle Star, it is by next February 22nd on M6. Obviously, it is going to have there even more crazy than you!
That really bores me that it begins again! Frankly, I would like so much that the broadcast goes flying. Because that would piss off me if there was a guy who sings better than me...

As you go there! You maintain the reputation of self-important Julien Doré, even a little show-off person....
But during all the broadcast, we did not stop saying that I had a sense of humor. Then, one might as well continue in this register!

And of course you are going to be a diligent televiewer of the edition 2008 of Nouvelle Star...
For the last month, I am in studio. Every day, seven days a week from 10am to 2 hours. What a magic! The work in studio, me, I discover...

Nevertheless, you had already worked in studio with your groups Dig Up Elvis and The Jean of Ormesson Disco Suicide...
But that had nothing to do! During years, we tinkered in small studios, in home studios and then, and we give me the possibility of working with instruments as I have never seen, with musicians as I always dreamed about. And then, there in these studios, we meet...

With whom, for example?
Christophe. And he, believe in me, it is a genius! A true genius by its work, the way he experiments... We meet rather often - at night, especially, because it is at this moment that he lives and works. I could not dream better as meet. Better: I can already say that, in a way, Christophe will have widely contributed to my next and first album.

We know that Christophe will be in the casting for your album. We also speak about Arno and about Frédéric Lô...
I let you the freedom write it! But it is true that a person as Arno, it is a privilege and a happiness to meet him, to rub shoulders with him. We met, I do not know what that is going to produce but he has already advised a lot me about ways to go...

By wining "Nouvelle Star", you had announced that there was no question recording an album without one of your groups. And then, we announce Julien Doré's solo album...
But both Dig Up Elvis and The Jean of Ormesson Disco Suicide have a real existence. We propose us concerts, we even made the first parts in France, in Belgium. And thanks to these participations and also to Nouvelle Star, we are going to do a tour next summer. That does not really raise problem: We have just to keep the specific identity to every project...

All the same, you are going to bring out your album without them!
I repeat : it is not incompatible to record Julien Doré's album while continuing with Dig Up Elvis and The Jean of Ormesson Disco Suicide! It is just a question of harmony and balance!

Last summer, we could read in the press that you want to stop singing and playing music. That you want to be a comedian... Even there, it is necessary to see a shape of humor?
I always wished to be a comedian. When I finished my studies at the secondary school, I wished to enter a lesson of dramatic art but with my parents, we had no means to pay such a school. Then, I went to the Fine art school, I thought that there was good connections between the music, the plastic arts... Yes, it was the best connection of all this... And then, now, I work on scenarios, I made essays...

For the music, you tell to have made the perfect meetings with Christophe and Arno. For the cinema, it would be...
Ah! If I could make things with Michel Gondry!

With the victory in Nouvelle Star, you also discovered the people press and the paparazzis...
It is the worst things to be lived. That occupies your doorstep - you are in the restaurant with a girl for the work, and here you are on the cover with the banner headline. Today, I take all this with the biggest of the detachments. Because I am a totally loving boy!

Just now, you listen to?
Ah! I have listened a lot the band Cocoon. And then, there is also Christophe, Arno, The D ø, Constance Verluca...

And of the team of Nouvelle Star, you are still in touch with whom?
Since the end of the broadcast, I do not have news anymore of Marianne James, Dove Attia and Manu Katché … With André Manoukian, we get along well and we often send textos. As for Virginia Efira, she became a friend!

Comment taken in by Serge Bressan

Publicité

PostPosted: Thu 7 Feb - 20:56 (2008)    Post subject: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JULIEN DORÉ + DIG UP ELVIS Forum Index -> Julien Doré + Dig Up Elvis ( English-speaking ) -> JULIEN DORÉ -> Press & Media Release All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Index | Administration Panel | Free forum | Free support forum | Free forums directory | Report a violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation